A great way to celebrate a new year and a tricentenary episode: a ‘best bits’ compilation of wisdom from recent guests talking about one of the most important and rewarding aspects of writing a business book.
Whether you need to focus on building your following or your partnerships, or simply be a bit braver at making new connections, there’s inspiration and ideas for you here.
- Eloise Cook on why publishers look for a following
- Sonya Barlow on creating serendipity
- Michael Buckworth on the value of talking about your idea
- Dorie Clark on professional communities, aka ‘making friends as an adult’
- Trevor Thrall on collaborating with trust
- Michael Leckie on reaching out to your heroes
- Lucy Ryan on finding writing buddies
- Jo Bottrill on finding the right publishing skills.
Alison on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bookstothesky
WriteBrained: A 28-day exploratory writing adventure: https://pi-q.learnworlds.com/course?courseid=writebrainedcourse
The 10-day Business Book Proposal Challenge January 2022: https://alisonjones.leadpages.co/proposal-challenge/
The Extraordinary Business Book Club on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1447064765612358/