The Independent Publishers’ Guild annual Spring Conference is one of the highlights of the year for the book industry. I seized the opportunity to speak to six movers and shakers in the world of books to put to them the questions that you’d have asked if you’d only had the chance.
- How to find out EVERYTHING you could possibly want to know about getting published with Alysoun Owen, editor of the Writers’ and Artists’ Yearbook;
- A better way to buy books online if you care about independent bookshops with Nicole Vanderbilt, Bookshop.org’s UK MD;
- Why TikTok is moving into the book-selling space and what you can do to promote your book there with Matthew Perry, Head of Books on the TikTok Shop;
- How you can think ahead to make the most of translation opportunities as an author with Clare Hodder, rights consultant and Rights Manager for Practical Inspiration Publishing; and
- Things to keep in mind if you’re planning to start a podcast, with Small Wardour’s Carla Herbertson and Danni Haughan, formerly at Apple podcasts.
The IPG website: http://ipg.uk.com/
Practical Inspiration Publishing: https://practicalinspiration.com/
Alison on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@bizbookstothesky
Alison on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bookstothesky
The 10-day Business Book Proposal Challenge April 2023: http://proposalchallenge.com/
WriteBrained: A 28-day exploratory writing adventure: https://pi-q.learnworlds.com/course?courseid=writebrainedcourse
The Extraordinary Business Book Club on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1447064765612358/